Why USPS Form 1583 Is Required?
Any person or a business who rents a Mailbox directly from an approved third party business location must by completed. It will be submitted to the United States Postal Service to be stored by on file to identity and track of people who use an address in the event a bad actor uses the address for an illegal purpose.
A downloadable PDF file available here: USPS Form 1583
Allowed identifications to get it notarized
Two forms of identification is required for complete this form. Credit cards, social security, and birth certificates are not accepted. In addition, one form of identification must be a photo ID. Here is a list of what they will accept from you:
- Alien registration card or certificate of naturalization
- Current lease, mortgage or Deed of Trust
- Voter or vehicle registration card
- Home or vehicle insurance policy
- Valid driver's license or state non-driver's identification card
- Armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card
Step by Step Instructions
- Box #1
- Enter the date when you complete this.
- Box #2
- Enter the name of the person who the mail will be sent to and can also be your doing business name (sometimes called a fictitious business name) if registered depending on which state you live.
- Box #3
- Enter the exact mailbox address and number in the welcome email sent to you when you signed up.
- Box #4
- Enter the name of the CMRA in section (a), your new address in section (b - e).
- Box #5 - Sign to authorize CMRA operator to receive mail on your behalf.
- Box #6
- Enter the same name as the person or business name who will be receiving mail.
- Box #7
- Enter you home home or business address that corresponds to the applicant.
- Box #8
- Two forms of identification are required in this section and a reminder, one must be a picture ID. The agent must write in identifying information. Subject to verification.
- Box #9
- A business name either same or different as applicant as long as it corresponds to the entity opening up the mailbox.
- Box #10
- Add the mailing address of your business address it is different. Or your home address if an individual.
- Box #11
- Enter what your business does and type of product or service you manage and/or sell.
- Box #12
- If your mailbox will be used by multiple people at your company or firm. You must add each person who would receive mail.
- Box #13
- This is for any member of a corporation who would receive mail at this address.
- Box #14
- A Country, state and date of you business registration or a fictitious business name.
- Box #15
- This section is for the notary or authorized agent to sign.
- Box #16
- Your signature