TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Set things up on Deskworks
- Set things up on SphereMail
- Auto-connect all your SphereMail active customers
- Manually connect specific customers
- What information is shared/synched between both systems?
- What happens with future customer signups after you've set up the Deskworks integration?
- How do you handle invoices with this integration active?
What information is shared/synched between both systems?
- Active customer accounts and contact info.
- New customer sign-ups on either system.
- Your active SphereMail plans: they get listed in Deskworks under Virtual Membership.
- Customers' new pending invoices after the integration is set up and activated.
(SphereMail cannot export old invoices and any invoices created prior to enabling the integration.)
What happens with future customer signups after you've set up the Deskworks integration?
Customer signed up on SphereMail?
The system will automatically connect them to their Deskworks account as long as they've signed up on SphereMail using the same email address they have on their member account on Deskworks.
If the SphereMail can't find the email on Deskworks, it'll create a new member account for this customer.
The same rules apply to customer accounts you create/activate manually.
- Customer signed up on Deskworks?
If the customer chooses the center you connected to your SphereMail account in step B)4, AND they pick one of your SphereMail visible plans to subscribe to, an account will be automatically created and activated for them on SphereMail once they finish the signup process successfully.
Note: The template for the login credentials your Deskworks customer will need to use to access their SphereMail account, in this case, is as follows:
Username: DWusername (the same username they typed while signing up on Deskworks + "DW" to help identify the source of the account).
Temporary Password: Be123456!
Check this video for a better explanation of how the signup process works in this case:
How do you handle invoices with this integration active?
SphereMail will automatically and periodically export all/any pending invoices for your connected customers to Deskworks, where you can find them listed in your invoice log and decide how to process them on Deskworks as needed:
All exported invoices are automatically closed on SphereMail once they're successfully added to your Deskworks log:
Any SphereMail customer account that's not connected to Deskworks will follow the default billing process, where they will have to add their billing info, and you will charge them via SphereMail using your connected payment gateway as usual.