What is a 1583 form?
The 1583 form is a mandated form required by the United States Postal Service for members to fill out in order to receive mail on behalf of others. Anyone who wants to have a virtual mailbox or even rent a post office box needs to complete one in the presence of a notary in order to have access to their mail virtually. The form will look like this:
Usually, a form would already be available when members/users first sign up for a plan. However, as an operator, you can manually upload the form for members/users by following the steps below:
- Click on the section titled "Customers" located on the top left corner
- Click on the username link of the customer's account
- On the customer's "Account" page, scroll down and go to the section titled "Account Verifications"
- You will find that the account is already blocked until the form is signed
- Upload the form and enable the button to approve
After you save, the member/user will have full access to their mail. To make the process easier for your customers to fill the form, you can send them a completed sample of it for guidance, attached below.